1. What is PUSPEN?
PUSPEN is a drug rehabilitation centre that provides treatment and rehabilitation programs to any individual who has been certified as a drug dependent by any Registered Medical Officers.
Any individual who has been confirmed as a drug addict will be recommended by rehabilitation officer to undergo treatment and rehabilitation at PUSPEN either voluntarily under section 8 (3) (a) of the Drug Addicts (R&P) Act 1983 or by court order under section 6 (1) (a) of the Drug Addicts (R&P) Act 1983.
PUSPEN also cater for admission of adolescents under the provisions of section 9 of the Drug Addicts (R&P) Act 1983.
2. How to get treatment and rehabilitation voluntarily at PUSPEN?
Can attend by walk in to PUSPEN listed or any nearby District AADK Office to obtain information regarding the admission- process to PUSPEN voluntarily.
3. Who is eligible for PUSPEN services?
- Drug addict
- Drug users
- Drug abusers
- Co dependence (family members involved in drug problems).
4. Are there any fees related to admission at PUSPEN?
No fees will be charged.
5. What types of treatment and rehabilitation programs are provided at PUSPEN?
The program provided is based on individual recovery needs and administered through client treatment plans which Evidence-based Psychosocial component namely:
- Physical activities and discipline
- Psychological support recovery
- Skills and Vocational Training
- Religion and Spirituality
- Social and Recreation
- Community Integration.