The purpose of this programme is to ensure that workplaces are drug-free.
To ensure that this can be implemented by employers in the public and private sectors encompassing the security sector (uniformed bodies), manufacturing sector, service sector, public sector and agronomic sector, in accordance with the guidelines and modules stipulated by NADA.
- To provide employers and employees with knowledge of the dangers of drug abuse;
- To conduct the employee intervention programme for employees who are involved in drug abuse at the workplace;
- To educate employers and employees on drug abuse prevention;
- To equip employers with skills to manage drug abuse problems at the workplace and to provide effective rehabilitation programmes; and
- To prevent drug abuse at the workplace as well as to create a safe and healthy work environment
- Public and private sector employers;
- Antidrugs Committee at Work; and
- Public and private sector workers
Employees become aware of the importance of the Drug-Free Workplace Programme in achieving the goal of making themselves and their workplace free of drugs. Employees will also have information on the treatment and rehabilitation services provided by NADA.