Pusat Pemulihan Penagihan Narkotik Vokasional (PUSPEN)
Pusat Pemulihan Penagihan Narkotik Vokasional (PUSPEN ) is a rehabilitation centre that functions as a long-term vocational skill training institution for NADA clients. It was established following the proposal by the Prime Minister in 2004 to set up a vocational training centre for pre-release clients of the One-Stop Centre (PUSPEN).
- To provide quality and practical vocational training in line with the needs of NADA clients to meet the requirements of the current job market
- To help NADA clients to gain job opportunities
- To provide NADA clients a platform for career and entrepreneurial development so that they can gain employment and become independent
- Open to clients who are interested, who willingly undergo training and possess good discipline, potential and high motivation
- Clients must have undergone the treatment and rehabilitation programme for 4 months at the original rehabilitation centre
- Clients must be of good health and able bodied (not suffering from HIV, hepatitis, TB, epilepsy, mental disease, chronic or communicable diseases).
- Aged 21-45 years
- Clients shall be recommended by the Rehabilitation Officer at the institution and supported by the Director through a screening process.
- Clients must not have undergone methadone therapy.
- Clients must have reading, writing and mathematics skills.
- Domestic Electrical Wiring
- Shielded metal arc welding
- Landscape attendant
- Automotive technician
- Pastry preparation