FAQ : Enforcement And Security
1. How can I channel complaints about drug addiction and drug abuse activities in my area?
Complaints can be done in many ways:
2. How long can I receive complaints response
You will receive complaints within 3 working days.
3. Will my party be informed of any action taken?
All the actions taken will be notified to you.
4. Will my complaint be kept confidential?
Any information or identity will be kept confidential by the AADK as provided under the law.
5. What legal action will be imposed on a former client of a rehabilitation that does not follow the program after leaving the recovery?
Whenever a former client of a rehabilitation fails to comply with the program, he may be subject to legal action pursuant to section 6 (3) of the Drug Dependant Act 1983 on conviction to be imprisoned for a term not exceeding 3 years or stroke not exceeding three strokes or both.
6. What are the supervisory requirements assigned to the Supervisor under supervision order?
- There are 6 compulsory conditions to be followed by OKP under the supervision order ie:
- People under Supervision (OKP) shall stay within the State @ District of the Constitution in the order.
- Can not leave the designated area without the written permission of the Director of AADK.
- Report yourself at the Police Hall where the supervision is ordered on it.
- OKP should not take, use or possess dangerous drugs.
- OKP may be subject to urine screening tests at any time and at any place ordered by the officer.
- OKP should follow the recovery program provided by the government.
7. What are the legal provisions that can be imposed on a drug addict and drug addict?
Drug addicts can be taken under the Drug Dependent (Treatment and Rehabilitation) Act 1983 and the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952.
8. Where can I channel complaints about drug trafficking activities?
Any information on drug trafficking can be channeled directly to the nearest police station as well as AADK via telephone 03-8911 2424.
9. What action can be taken on a failed guarantor ensures that a person is guaranteed to attend a hearing on the appointed date?
Guarantor who fails to bring the arrested person Orang Kena Tahan, OKT) to the trial will lose his deposit unless the court is satisfied with the explanation given by the guarantor.
10. What are the conditions that allow a person to be a guarantor to a suspect?Malaysian Citizens who have a relationship with the arrested person (OKT) or any other person deemed fit by the court.
11. Can a person who is not a Malaysian citizen undergo treatment and rehabilitation at the NADA rehab center?
Only Malaysian citizens can undergo treatment and rehabilitation at NADA rehab centers. However, non-Malaysians may undergo rehabilitation treatment of any registered private rehabilitation center.