INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS UNIT
The International Affairs Unit is directly placed under the Office of the Director General of the National Anti-drugs Agency (NADA) and is responsible for coordinating all issues related to international affairs of NADA especially in ensuring Malaysian government’s commitment at international level encompassing bilateral and multilateral cooperation are fulfilled.
Internationalization of National Anti-drugs Agency
Spearheading National Anti-drugs Agency at International Level
- To explore and strengthen bilateral cooperation between Malaysia and other countries in the effort to effectively control and reduce drug demand and supply
- To explore and strengthen Malaysia’s multilateral cooperation through active participation in ASEAN, regional organizations and international bodies in the effort to effectively control and reduce drug demand and supply at regional and international level.
- To facilitate and enhance Malaysia’s roles in regional and international cooperation in drug demand and supply reduction.
International Drug Policy
- To monitor and analyze drug issues at regional and international level.
- To give advice on international drug policy and Malaysia’s commitment at international level.
- To coordinate a coherent stand, along with other government agencies, on international drug issues.
- To safeguard national interests and to recommend national stand on international drug issues.
Bilateral and Multilateral Affairs ·
- To acts as Malaysia’s secretariat on drug matters at regional and international level·
- To coordinate bilateral relations between NADA and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysian missions overseas and foreign missions in Malaysia.
- To coordinate the participation of Malaysian officials and delegates in drug-related meetings, seminars, workshops, official visits and training programs at regional and international level.
- To coordinate Malaysia’s preparation for participating in drug-related meetings at regional level such as the annual meeting of the ASEAN Senior Officials on Drug Matters (ASOD), the ASEAN Ministerial Meeting on Drug Matters (AMMD) and various ASOD Working Group meetings; and at international level such as the session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) and meetings organized by the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)·
- To manage cooperation with other countries and international organizations in drug-related matters including through meeting, joint training, exchange of officers, signing of memorandum of understanding, and exchange of information and best practices.
- To coordinate with other NADA divisions visits by foreign delegations to NADA offices and facilities.
- To coordinate with other NADA divisions the implementation of international programs organized by NADA.
- To prepare brief and speaking notes and other information on drug matters for the use of Malaysian officials at international meetings, visits, courtesy calls and other programs in Malaysia or abroad.
Further Information, please contact International Affairs Unit