1. What is this agency?
National Antidrug Agency is a government agency under the Ministry of Home Affairs which manage matters related to drug abuse in Malaysia. This agency is the primary agency to play a role in government efforts to create a Malaysia that is independent of the drug menace by 2015.


2. When is the agency established?
Chronology establishment of the agency: 1983: Cabinet meeting on June 22, 1983 has approved the establishment of the Anti-Drug (JKAD) and Anti Narcotics Task Force (PPAD) in charge of the National Security Council in all aspects of the drug problem.
1995: Ministry of Home Affairs has proposed to the Prime Minister to consolidate all the agencies / units are responsible for addressing the drug problem in a single agency.
1996: The Government has incorporated Drug Treatment and Rehabilitation Division, Ministry of Home Affairs and Anti Narcotics Task Force, Prime Minister of a single agency named single of the National Drug Agency (ADK).
2004: In accordance with the development of the current organization of the National Drug Agency (ADK) has been changed to the National Anti-Drug Agency (agency) on December 30, 2004 and authorized through the National Anti-Drug Agency Act 2004.

3. Where is the agency located?
Starting February 21, 2011, the agency headquarters was fully operational the new building which is located in Jalan Maktab Perguruan Islam, Kajang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Freehold building agency has two blocks of 6 storey building which is in Block A and 3-storey at Block B. It covers an area of 4:44 acres and located near Bandar Baru Bangi, Administrative Centre in Putrajaya and Cyberjaya. Location of this building is also located near the Institute of Islamic Education Campus of Teacher Education, Bandar Baru Bangi and also the Malaysian Islamic Training Institute (ILIM).

4. How to become part of our National Antidrug Agency ?
If you are interested to participate and be part of our agency officers, you can apply through the website of because the agency is a government agency in under the Ministry of Home Affairs.

5. How to get pamphlets / brochures drug / drug statistics / information on drugs for the purpose of exhibition or as a reference?
For the application for a material or the information, you may do so by sending a formal application letter from the school / college / university / your department to the agency and stating the purpose of material or information is required. The application can be sent to the following address:
Director General of the National AntiDrug Agency,
Ministry of Home Affairs,
Jalan Maktab Perguruan Islam 43000 Kajang, Selangor.

6. Are all drug related problems should be reported to the agency?
National Antidrug Agency is the main agency dealing with drug related issues. However, for drug-related complaints, the matter must be reported to the police because the issue is under the jurisdiction and responsibility of the police under the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952.

7. How can I contact the National Antidrug Agency?
You can contact: -
Tel No: 03-8911 2200
Fax No: 03-8926 2055
Email: webmaster[at]adk[dot]gov[dot]my